Wellness Wednesday focus on vacations near and far.
Summer is in full swing! So for many that means loading up the family (and way too many suitcases) to head off on a fun-filled adventure! Vacations are a time for relaxation and creating memories, but is it possible to avoid those post vacation blues? Yes, it is! If you keep health and wellness in mind when planning you vacation it can be easier to transition back to your routines! Check out these tips and tricks to stay healthy and happy during vacation!
- When traveling on the road snacks can be expensive and sometimes unhealthy. Try packing travel-friendly snacks for the whole family to enjoy!
Stay Hydrated & Safe:
- Vacations can be a lot of fun, but they can also be hot! When traveling bring along a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated and ecofriendly! Additionally, if you’ll be spending time in the sun we recommend staying safe. So don’t forget the sunscreen and first aid kits!
Walking Around Town:
- One of the very best ways to get to know a new city or town to travel by foot! Walking gives you the opportunity to see new sights, restaurants and much more! Just remember to wear comfortable walking shoes!
Plan Active Adventures:
- Vacations are a great time to lay on the beach and relax, but they can be active too! Incorporating health into your vacation doesn’t have to be boring, it can be an adventure! Try surfing, a local hike or explore a waterpark with your kids! It will keep you active and be a great time to make family memories!
Explore Local Restaurants:
- Yes, it can be easy to stop by a fast food restaurant while traveling, but when you have time we recommend exploring local restaurants! Trying regional cuisine is a great way to get to know the area and to make healthy choices!
- Vacations often deter from our daily routines, it is still important to eat breakfast! If you are staying at a hotel or resort try taking advantage of their breakfast options. It is a great way to start your adventure off on the right foot!
- Vacations should be the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation! It is important to take time to relax, catch up on sleep and enjoy yourself! We recommend picking up a good book!
- While on vacation many want to “hit the ground running” to explore everything! It can be a great time to experience new things and make memories, but try not to overdo it! Strive for flexibility in your schedule so you can fully enjoy your vacation while still exploring the sites!
We wish you all the best in your upcoming vacations and beyond! Be sure to share all your favorite vacation tips and tricks with us in the comments!